2014 is finally here if you can believe it (I can’t!). In some ways, 2013 was the longest year and in others it flew by. It was definitely a year of challenges, but it ended a lot better than it started.
PLUS, I found my place in the world when I came into this blog. So, I can’t help but be thankful for that. Here’s a little review about 2013, as well as my look forward to 2014!
2013 in review
things that happened
from this year
from another year
1. Fell in love with a dog
2. Overcame my fear of scary movies and tv shows (and will watch them by myself in the dark now!)
3. Started my book blog, which morped from something to help me gain some control of my life to something I wake up every day wanting to spend my time doing. AND people actually listen to what I have to say!
4. Read 234 books! Holy cow!
5. Found a job that was made for me.
6. Moved to my very own dot com!
7. Showed someone my WIP (actually, a whole class!) Handled the criticism well.
8. Found a great new friend who I’ve started working on a manuscript with!
9. Overcame my anxiety. I still deal, but on my terms.
10. Really started to figure out ‘who’ I am. (And none too late since I turn thirty in 70 days!)
So long 2013… It’s been swell!
So what are my goals for 2014? Here’s a few:
1. Add a reviewer to my blog
2. Complete a manuscript
3. Read 250 books
4. Continue blogging and growing as a reviewer
5. Attend a book-related conference
6. Meet some of my blogging friends
7. Attend more author events
8. Have a lot of fun!